The International Union of Painters and Allied Trades (IUPAT) District Council 81 represents workers in both the private and public sectors. All of our Public Sector Members are united under PPME Local #2003. Please review the information below for a quick breakdown of our organization and affiliation at the national, regional, and local levels.
1. International Union of Painters and Allied Trades (IUPAT):
- The IUPAT is a labor union representing public and private sector workers in various skilled trades, specialty crafts, and public service, including painters, glaziers, drywall finishers, road crew, public safety units, and other related occupations.
- The union's primary goal is to protect and advance the interests of its members, including advocating for fair wages, safe working conditions, and benefits.
2. District Council 81:
- District Council 81 is a regional branch or chapter of the IUPAT that operates in a specific geographic area.
- It serves as a local representative for IUPAT members in that region, providing support, representation, and negotiating collective bargaining agreements with employers in Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado, South Dakota, Western Illinois, and Wyoming.
3. Public Professional Maintenance Employees:
- Public professional maintenance employees typically refer to workers employed in public sector organizations, such as government agencies, educational institutions, or public utilities.
- These employees are responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of various facilities, buildings, infrastructure, or equipment used by the public.
- Examples of professions that might fall under this category include maintenance technicians, building engineers, facility managers, and related positions, correctional officers.
IUPAT District Council 81 Public Professional Maintenance Employees are a group of workers employed in public sector organizations who are represented by District Council 81 of the International Union of Painters and Allied Trades. The union advocates for their rights, negotiate collective bargaining agreements and works to improve their working conditions, wages, and benefits.